Friday, March 7, 2014

Week 36 - Friday, March 7, 2014

OMG!
We're hoping to deliver these babies next week.  The past 2-3 weeks have been really difficult on my body.  My back aches, my feet and calves are super swollen. I have been having sinus headaches for about 2.5 week and nose bleeds for the last week and a half.  I have been definitely feeling the contractions, but they are not yet regular.

Mom calls these "Pig's Feet"
35 weeks, 5 days

After seeing my OB yesterday (who is going on vacation next week and won't be there to deliver my babies), he strongly believes that I should go with the C section.  He doesn't believe that I will be able to handle the labour pains since I could barely handle his vaginal/cervix sweep to check how far I have dilated (which has been 1cm since last Thursday's visit). There's a part of me that really wants to try out the "natural" delivery method, especially since I don't want to deal with the recovery time for major abdominal surgery... you know me, I really want to kick start my scheduling with the twins.  But as always, I need to let God take charge of this. He will have my best interest at heart and will not take me where He cannot sustain me.

Based on my ultrasound on Monday, Isaac is about 6.5lbs and Isabella is around 5.5lbs.  However, these are guestimates since the twins are really hard to see since there is very little space in my uterus. The longer they stay in, the larger they will be... which just means more pain!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment